When you invest in property, it isn’t always feasible to let your property and manage it yourself, especially when you live far away from your properties which is why finding a good letting agent is key to effectively managing and letting your properties.
When Harry Albert Lettings & Estates are instructed to let a property, we look for tenants in a unique way by targeting them where they’re not actively searching for properties. This means your property isn’t competing with thousands of others on Rightmove and Zoopla or On The Market or other portals, including The House Shop and Gumtree, as well on social media marketplaces and, whilst we do use these channels, we find the best way to find good tenants is through targeted advertising – this enables us to identify those who are searching for houses and flats to rent in Leicester and show your property to them without them considering your property amongst many others.
When we’re instructed to let your property, we:
- Inspect the property to ensure it meets our standards, we only let properties that we would be happy living in ourselves.
- Advise on any required or suggested works.
- Take photographs of the property.
- Create an inventory or instruct an independent inventory clerk to carry out a property inventory on your behalf.
- Instruct for any required EPCs or Gas Safety Certificates.
- Write accurate, informative descriptions of the property.
- List your property on all relevant portals and marketplaces.
- Set up ad campaigns to target tenants based on income, employment, education level and other important factors to find the most suitable tenants.
- Receive tenant viewing requests.
- Liaise with potential applicants to understand their needs and whether they’re suitable for your property.
- Carry out viewings.
- Take tenant applications
- Collect holding deposits, secured in a legally required client account covered by client money protection.
- Carefully review tenant applications.
- Submit tenant application to 3rd party tenant referencing company.
- Chase evidence.
- Review tenant referencing report which includes:
- Credit check, including searches for CCJs.
- Employer verification and reference.
- Previous landlord reference, if applicable.
- Bank account verification.
- Income verification.
- Alias checks.
- Anti-Money Laundering checks.
- Identity checks.
- Review the evidence submitted to the 3rd party tenant referencing agency.
- Inform the tenant of the outcome of their application.
- Return their holding deposit (or explain the reasons why we’re retaining it).
- Prepare the contracts including making amendments where necessary.
- Go through the tenancy agreement with the tenant and answer any questions they may have.
- Collect the deposit and first month’s rent.
- Register the deposit
- Issue prescribed information, ‘How to Rent’ guide and gas safety certificate (if required).
- Meet the tenant at the property at check-in or wherever is convenient for them to hand over the keys.
- Have them sign a checklist confirming receipt of all required documents and initial a photocopy of each document.
During the management of the property, Harry Albert Lettings & Estates carry out an inspection 4 weeks after the tenancy has started and 6monthly thereafter or more as needed, especially if we need to monitor tenant behaviour for breaches of tenancy. We also undertake all repairs as required and in good time to maintain a high standard of living which leads to happier, long-term tenants!
We specialise in buy to let and serviced accommodation and provide end to end property management solutions, from eviction to tenant tracing and have a proven track record assisting both new landlords and larger portfolio investors.
We’re looking for more properties to manage in Leicester and are experiencing high demand for two bed houses to rent in Belgrave, Rushey Mead and Thurmaston.